A lot of people have been asking what I carry with me when I’m on the road. I thought I could explain that to you by making a photo of my entourage and introduce my loyal travel buddies to all of you. There is a story behind them. So here we go:
1. My American Ipod. There is an engraving in the back: Never forget where you come from.
2. My Swedish sneakers (the brand’s name is Vagabond. Cool, huh?)
3. My Japanese SLR Nikon camera D60 (bought from my first internship salary in 2008). It’s old but I would never sell it or give it away.
4. My American Iphone
5. My South Korean “You cannot stop NYC” shirt (bought in Dongdaemun, Seoul (!))
6. My French body lotion bottle (brand: Occitane, the fragrance is jasmine)
7. My Vietnamese pen with my name engraved on it (done by the old man sitting besides a tree close to Hoan Kiem lake in Hanoi. He is been sitting there for more than 50 years now. I visit him each time I fly back to Hanoi. Here is his story (unfortunately only in Vietnamese:http://www.hohoankiem.org/hon-nua-the-ky-ngoi-khac-but-ben-ho-t33/ )
8. My German passport
As you can see, the gang is quite international. I’m so glad that they are with me all the time. What do you carry with you when you are on the road?